Based in Warsaw, Poland
26 May, 2015
Roll'd is the endless runner with a twist and we do mean that quite literally... for you do not control the hero... ...you control the track. Run through the varying settings all specifically stylised with references and inspirations ranging from the CGA era, through 8-16bit NES/SNES to the golden ages of the Amiga and more. But at the same time they are all up to date with modern lighting effects, dynamic weather and some other cool visual treats. Leaderboards are ready to go so to best your fellow man you can always check who has been the top Roller. But be wary though, Roll'd can and will be unforgiving and reaching that extra point with each game will prove to be a demanding yet exciting task. See you rolling!
After our debut cyberpunk point n' click Sinless which was targeted at the niche gamer, we decided our next project would be more easy-going and casual, but most importantly it had to be original. After many brainstorming sessions we finally reached the "Eureka!" point and hence Roll'd was born. One of the hardest parts was setting and tweaking the difficulty level, it is hard to master but once you get a hang of the controls reaching 1K points should be a piece of cake.We have many updates planned for the future, including additions of extra levels, themes, unlocks, characters and more. And upon special request based upon our Bloodborne fanart on reddit, one of the new levels will be a nod to From Software's masterpiece and will take place in a gloomy Victorian setting.
- A unique twist on a classic genre.
- Addictive gameplay.
- 3 selectible control schemes: touch, slide or tilt.
- Leaderboards and Social Media implementation.
- Varying and beautiful graphical settings and animations.
- Engaging Original Soundtrack.
- Varying weather/atmospheric effects, unique lighting effects, day/night cycle and more.
Roll'd: release trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "The lighting effects are reminiscent of Alto's Adventure and there are some impressive weather effects and a day and night cycle."
- Glen Fox, PocketGamer
- "I absolutely love this. The use of other effects gives the video a really immersive feel to it and a strong personality, while maintaining the pixel-art aesthetic."
- c3534l, Reddit
- "Simple but addictive(..) *Creative Mechanics *Incredible graphics *Good music *Simple control "
- Ricardo Costa, Baixaki
- "This looks stunning."
- DNZe, Reddit
- ""I love those graphics!!!", "Looks super fun. Love all the different art. Can't wait to play it", "Cool concept and cool pixel art. Looking forward to play it!""
- TouchArcade Forums, Touch Arcade
Roll'd trailer music
Available for free from soundcloud.com.
Roll'd SlideDataBase Profile
The latest news and updates on the games SlideDB page slidedb.com.
Recent news: Roll'd featured on Droidgamers and TechinAsia
About MGP Studios
2012-2015:We are a small indie studio from Poland -1 Creative and 2 Programmers- and have spent the last two years working very hard realising our dream to create and release a game of our own: Our debut game Sinless is a hybrid of a visual novel and a classic 2D point and click adventure set in an original cyberpunk reality. We put a lot of effort and attention to the lore and story as well as the general vibe- that the graphics and soundtrack complement themselves to create the desired tone. And this is the goal we wish to acheive with our upcoming projects: to create memorable, unique experiences. Hopefully our love and enthusiasm for games shows in Sinless, as well as in our upcoming projects. We have just released our second game: Roll'd: the endless runner with a twist and have 2 more projects underway and will be announcing one of them soon. Thanks for tuning in.
2016:Gamedev is a rough business. So right now unfortunately I am unable to afford continuing work with G+P. Hopefully, this will change in the future, because finding a team with a good workflow is not easy to come by. So, as of 3rd quarter of 2015 the Dev team dropped down to one person and Sand is the Soul is a solo project from scratch.
More information on MGP Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.